2017 open enrollment ended Jan. 31
The regular open enrollment period to buy a 2017 individual health plan ended on January 31, but you may still be able to apply for coverage. Certain life events, such as a birth, job loss, marriage, or divorce, that require you to change or update your health coverage qualify you to apply. Call us at 888-304-0693 or get a quote online.
It's time to pick a new health plan for 2017 if you buy your own health insurance. This period, called open enrollment, runs from Nov. 1, 2016 through Jan. 31, 2017.
We want to make finding the right coverage as easy as possible. So here's a quick guide to open enrollment.
- December 23. Last date to enroll for a Jan. 1, 2017 start date.
- January 15. Last date to enroll for a Feb. 1, 2017 start date.
- January 31. Last day of open enrollment for a March 1, 2017 start date.
Saving money on your health plan
You may qualify for help with the cost of your health plan. This is also known as a subsidy. More than 2/3 of Washington residents who buy individual health coverage receive a subsidy.
You can qualify based on your annual household income and the number of people in your household. For example, you may qualify as an individual with an income up to $47,520. You may qualify if you make up to $97,200 with a family of 4.
How can you find out if you qualify and how much you'll save?
- Create an account through Washington Healthplanfinder and provide income and family information.
- Call LifeWise at 844-664-WISE to get personalized help. We can determine if you qualify, help you assess your coverage needs, and even complete your enrollment.
Already receiving a subsidy? Log in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account to update your information and verify that you still qualify. After that, you can view plan options and re-enroll.
Re-enrolling LifeWise customers
LifeWise mailed customers an enrollment packet that includes:
- Your 2017 plan choices and rates
- A comparison with your current plan
- Re-enrollment instructions
Here's how customers can stay covered for 2017:
- Visit lifewisewa.com. View plan options and use a tool to find coverage that best meets your needs.
- Call LifeWise at 844-664-WISE. Talk with someone about your health plan coverage, options, and price.
- Do nothing. If your LifeWise plan isn't offered in 2017, we already matched you with a new plan. Your renewal packet includes details about that plan. We'll enroll you starting Jan. 1, 2017. That makes sure your coverage will continue without a gap. You're free to select another plan, of course, but you'll need to act before Dec. 23.
Call us for help
We're available to help you weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We can walk you through the whole process. We'll help you compare plans, see if you qualify for financial help, and enroll in a plan. Call us at 844-664-WISE.